1. Verbs HAS to agree with their
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
4. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
5. Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat)
6. Also, always avoid annoying alliteration.
7. Be more or less specific.
8. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are
9. Also too, never, ever use repetitive
10. No sentence fragments.
11. Contractions aren't necessary and shouldn't be
12. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
13. Do not be redundant; do not use more words than
necessary; it's highly superfluous.
14. One should NEVER generalize.
15. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
16. Don't use no double negatives.
17. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
18. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
19. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a
20. The passive voice is to be ignored.
21. Eliminate commas, that are, not necessary.
Parenthetical words however should be enclosed in commas.
22. Never use a big word when a diminutive one would
23. Kill all exclamation points!!!
24. Use words correctly, irregardless of how others
25. Understatement is always the absolute best way
to put forth earth shaking ideas.
26. Use the apostrophe in it's proper place and omit
it when its not needed.
27. If you've heard it once, you've heard it a
thousand times: Resist hyperbole; not one writer in a million can use it
28. Puns are for children, not groan readers.
29. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid
30. Even IF a mixed metaphor sings, it should be
31. Who needs rhetorical questions?
32. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than
33. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.